Monday, November 12, 2007

What Chaged Me

The moment I realized that I love soccer and I love what I do was when I tore my ACL. I had to sit out for 6 months from something that I love doing. I did not realize how much I loved it until I could not do it anymore. It sucked sitting out and watching my team play especially when they weren't doing so good. I wanted to go in and help them so much but all I could do was watch. Tearing my ACL really helped my attitude toward things as well. It made me thankful for what I have and it made me more of a team player. I realized that sometimes you take for granit what you have. Some people do not realize that others have it worse off then them. Before this happened to me I did not know if I really wanted to continue playing soccer in college. I thought I was getting sick of it and maybe I was not feeling the same way towards it as I use to when I was younger. Then this happened and everything changed. I hated sitting out. I hated not being able to do anything. I realized that soccer is my passion and it is what I love doing. After tearing my ACL twice and coming back both times I realized that it was definitely worth it. Even though it sucked having to go through all that I am thankful that I grew from the experience. This also helped me realize what I wanted to do with my life. Since I had to go to Physical therapy so much I realized that that was what I wanted to do when I grew up. I always knew I wanted to do something sports related or athletic related but I really like helping people through their problems and helping people get better. After going through this twice and watching what they did each time I was really interested in learning. I would go to therapy excited every day because I wanted to see what they would have me do this time. I could see how each thing they made me do helped me get better and made me stronger. I realized that if you listen to what they say and do what they say then you will get the results you want and you will get them faster. Most people it takes 6 months or more to come back to playing, it only took me 4 and a half months until I started to play. I was proud of getting back so fast and proud of myself for working that hard. My work rate grew from this. This experience really changed me as a person and it also helped me realize what I wanted to do with my life. I am thankful that I got such positiveness out of this experience.

No comments: